miercuri, 22 septembrie 2010

The Shawshank Redemption (1994)


To my utter shame, I had never heard of The Shawshank Redemption until 16 years after it came out. Upon a good friend’s recommendation, I did a bit of research before viewing it. I was quite surprised when I found that it was classified as none less than number 1 in IMDb’s Top 250 list. Not until I watched it did I understand its wide appreciation accumulated in over a decade. I can honestly say it’s one of the greatest movies I have ever seen.
          Rarely can you find all the elements for success in a single motion picture. Everything from the acting, the themes, perspective and concepts received a clean A+ on my behalf. Sci-Fi lovers might be a bit disappointed in its lack of special effects and use of ultimate generation technology, but those are nothing, nothing compared to the beautiful lesson you learn from it. Now why would you bother watching an “outdated” movie when you’re surrounded by the glory of Avatars and 2012s? The answer is simple: They just don’t make movies like The Shawshank Redemption anymore.

          Do you want to hear about the plot? How about the action-level? Who dies? Who cheats on who? What makes this movie so damn great?

          Hope. Freedom. Friendship. Challenge. Ambition. Love. Life.

The ingredients for a masterpiece.

                                                                                       


Director: Frank Darabont

Writers:  Stephen King (short story "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption"), Frank Darabont (screenplay)

Genre: Drama/Crime/Psychological
IMDb rating: 9.2/10
G rating: 10/10

Info IMDb
Trailer

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu